Are you expecting a little one soon and hence the skincare during pregnancy one of your big concerns? Then you must not worry much about it since all the necessary information you need for the pregnancy-safe skincare is collected herein. The rules are simple. You just need to find the right products that do not release toxins in your body through your skin that can be dangerous for your child in the womb.
But, let us tell you that you need not be concerned much because we offer products that are specifically designed for expecting mothers. So, let’s look at some important things you need for your skincare routinewhen you are expecting.
All you need to know about skincare during pregnancy
- Buckle up, your skin needs more moisture
Now, you are fully aware that your body is sharing everything it has, with your child. And, this sharing takes a toll on your body. Out of many upsets, one of the most common concerns would be the dryness of the skin. Well, it is because your vitamins and minerals are also consumed by your child. So, those essential products that kept your skin well-hydrated till now are now scarce for your body. However, you can easily resolve this issue by applying the right moisturizers made from natural ingredients. These moisturizers will balance the moisture content in your skin. This is why your pregnancy skincare must include the application of moisturizers. Without this routine, skincare during pregnancy is going to be just pointless.
- Prepare for stretch marks beforehand
Yes, your skin will definitely show you the most common after-results after delivering the child. And, this common result, stretch marks, makes every mother to worry. But you shall not worry much only if you are preparing to reduce the stretch marks beforehand; and committed to making them disappear after childbirth. You simply need a good stretch marks cream that does not contain any harmful ingredients. After all, you want to look good even after you become a mom. So, just add stretch mark cream to your daily skincare routine.
- Be aware of sun
Surely, sun rays are extremely important for your body. After all, it gives you Vitamin D3 which is essential for bones. But, there is a bad thing about getting too much of everything. And, sun-rays are no exception. You shall decide yourself to spend some time in the morning only for sun exposure. After that, you should not expose too much to the sun-rays. So include sunscreen in your skincare routinewhen you are pregnant. Because your skin becomes sensitive during pregnancy and, sun rays can easily harm your skin. Always go for a higher SPF to gain overall protection.
- Stress is the biggest enemy
Undoubtedly, expecting mothers suffer from elevated levels of stress. Everyone has to go through it but the only difference you can make is to learn about managing stress. However, it is a difficult task but you have to do this for your child. There are several recommendations you would get when you talk to your gynecologist about it. And all of his/her advice is useful in combating pregnancy-related stress. Nevertheless, some things you can do for self-care to relieve the stress. For example using aromatic, natural, and moisturizing bath bombs. The refreshing relaxing scents mixed with soothing colors would compel you to release the stress behind and relish the moment of bathing. And, adding these in your skincare during pregnancy would also help your skin to hydrate itself, which is an additional benefit for you.
- Sleep is your ally as well as your enemy
Skincare during pregnancy becomes so much important only because the body goes through a different cycle. And you have to be careful about what you are using since it’s going to affect your baby too. One of the primary problems that many expectant mothers face is either they feel sleepy all the time or they sleep only a little. And both of these cause a similar issue which is swelling and puffiness of eyes. Now, you cannot apply anything to get rid of this. But, there is a solution that you shall include in your pregnancy skincare routine. Use gel-bead reusable cold compress eye masks and your eyes would thank you for it. Not only your swelling and puffiness would disappear but also these eye masks are good for eyesight, and hydration of eyelids.
Let’s now look at some other skincare during pregnancy tips that would help you to get the best of your skincare routine.
- Water is your best ally. It will boost your metabolism, hydrate you, and soothe stomach irregularities.
- You might feel hot and sweaty due to changes in the body cycle during pregnancy. But, you must avoid excessive bathing. It will simply spoil all your pregnancy skincare without giving any benefit.
- Always use a mild shampoo while bathing to keep your hair clean as a mandatory skincare routine. Don’t forget your scalp is also a part of your skin. So, it is also going to suffer from dryness and you cannot apply moisturizer to overcome it. Only the best way is shampooing as a skincare routine for the scalp’s health.
- Thinking that you need to take care of two bodies now is one way a correct thought. But overeating is neither good for your baby nor good for your skincare during pregnancy.
- Lastly, always use pregnancy-safe skincare products. It is of utmost importance to avoid chemical overload in your body. And, some of the preservatives are totally harmful to your body and baby, for example, paraffin.
Many expectant mothers do not take skincare during pregnancy as a serious task. But later on, when they start to notice major changes in their skin, they acknowledge the skincare routine’s importance. Remember that a pregnancy-safe skin care regime will not only help to make you look more beautiful but will also limit the damage to your skin caused by the change in body cycle. So it is better to realize the importance of skincare during pregnancy earlier rather than in the later trimesters.
Do you constantly worry about your health during the pregnancy? It is understandable because many expectant mothers find it difficult to follow the pregnancy care tips. There are so many tips for a healthy pregnancy that feeling confused or finding it difficult to follow all of them is not uncommon. After all, it is a phase where women do not want anything to go wrong. This is why the information collected herein below is carefully chosen tips for a healthy pregnancy. Let us take a look at these tips.
15 effective healthy pregnancy tips
- Junk is Junk, no matter what
Fast foods are called junk foods because they are high in calories and low to negligible in nutrition. Hence, medical practitioners always advise avoiding to eat fast foods. One of the most tips for a healthy pregnancy is eating nutritious and wholesome foods. And, lessen the intake of refined products. You should include wholegrain bread, fruits, dry fruits, vegetables, lean meats, lentils, legumes, beans, etc. in your diet. Several tasty yet easy-to-prepare recipes would satisfy your taste buds without causing damage to you or your child.
- Water is simply unavoidable
Water is not only important for you but also for your child. Everything your body has is to be shared with your child in the womb. If your body gets dehydrated then there is no doubt that negative effects will be seen on your child’s development. So, you can never find any healthy pregnancy tips that do not tell you to focus on keeping your body hydrated.
- Exercising is very fruitful
Your body is going through several changes right now. And, these changes can cause hormonal imbalance or chemical imbalance. The only thing that could help you is exercising. Regular indulgence will make your body stronger and thus, promote good health for your child.
- Never underestimate “Rest”
Everything you are doing to stay healthy during pregnancy can be useless unless you get proper rest. Your brain plays the most important part for your baby’s development and, resting is what keeps your brain functioning optimally.
- Limit caffeine and, say no to alcohol and smoking
Caffeine is your ally unless you are not taking it in high amounts. Nevertheless, alcohol and smoking are potent enough to prevent many vitamins from getting absorbed by your body. So, you can take a limited amount of caffeine to stay healthy during pregnancy but get rid of alcohol and smoking completely.
- Book an appointment with your dentist
One of the useful tips for a healthy pregnancy is to go see your dentist. During pregnancy, estrogen and progesterone levels increase, which may cause gum problems. This is why visiting a dentist is a healthy pregnancy tip.
- Check your emotions
Apart from your body, your emotional health is equally important. You need to avoid stress during this phase of your life. Emotional well-being can be transferred to your child, so learning to cope with the situations is as important as eating healthy during pregnancy.
- Include stretching in your lifestyle
Stretching will make your body’s pelvic floor muscles stronger. The strength of these muscles is important to the uterus, bowel, and bladder. Besides, stretching will help to cope with those mood swings, stress, anxiety, etc. Also, it can help your body to efficiently transfer essential nutrients to your developing child.
- Track your weight
As your baby grows, you would notice a steady rise in your weight. Keeping track of your weight will not only tell you that you are on right track but also it may indicate the health of your developing child.
- Clothing needs to be appropriate
Pregnancy is the time when your body needs blood to flow easily. Wearing tight clothes would be a hurdle for your body to maintain easy blood flow.
- Care for your skin
A list of healthy pregnancy tips can never be complete unless skincare is mentioned in it. There are several chances that you have started to notice changes in your skin. Acne, blackheads, dryness, etc. are all parts of your skin problems depending on your trimester. Hence, to stay healthy during pregnancy is fragmentary without skincare.
- Pampering yourself is also important
Yes, you cannot reap all the benefits of eating healthy during pregnancy, or keeping your emotions in check is futile unless you listen to your heart. After all, you are working so hard to follows tips for a healthy pregnancy. So, go for that manicure or spend time with your friends.
- Learning never stops
Educating yourself about different things is of utmost importance. Pregnancy care tips cannot tell you about the right time to seek medical help. Hence, educate yourself about symptoms that could be a sign from your body to go see your doctor. Some serious symptoms include severe pain, vaginal bleeding, fluid leaking, and reduction in movement of the fetus.
- Never forget your supplements
If your doctor has prescribed some prenatal supplements then it is essential that you take them as suggested. The supplements are advised for getting all the nutrients in a sustainable way because only eating healthy during pregnancy might be insufficient for the body.
- Household chores are helpful
Expecting mothers need much rest. But, it does not mean lying on the bed all the time. Your everyday household chores keep your body healthy so that you can reap all the benefits of pregnancy care tips. However, avoid cleaning places with too much dust or bacteria. Also, prevent exposing yourself to harmful chemicals that are used for cleaning.
To bring a child into the world is a big responsibility. One of the most important tips for a healthy pregnancywould be to not worry too much about this responsibility of yours. Instead, prepare yourself with a healthy body and a healthy mind. However, eating healthy during pregnancy can help you to stay healthy during pregnancy. But, it can only help partly in your emotional well-being. Thus, staying calm could be the most important pregnancy care tip.
Do you feel worried about your pregnancy diet? Well, then we must tell you that it not only you but all the expecting mothers feel the same levels of anxiety. After all, you now need to take care of two people at one time. And, the other person, your lovely child, is right now completely dependent on you for all his/her needs. Hence, it is understandable that you feel a little anxious about what to eat and what to avoid. A healthy well-balanced diet in pregnancy is what you are interested in. So, this article incorporates important information about the pregnancy diet plan to fulfill the needs of a balanced diet in pregnancy.
Important foods to incorporate in your pregnancy diet
- Don’t let go of dairy products
Right now, your body needs extra amounts of protein as well as calcium. And, dairy products are your best bet to get them both. So, it is beneficial to not omit dairy products from your diet chart. The top two quality of protein found in milk viz casein and whey are very potent. Besides, dairy products will also nourish you and your little one by supplementing high amounts of Vitamin B group, magnesium, zinc, and phosphorus. And, probiotics from curd would aid your digestion.
- Whole grains are your best friends
Your pregnancy diet plan shall include whole grains, like oats, wheat, corn, etc. The whole grains would hit a few buttons that are often lacking viz B vitamins, magnesium, and fiber. Also, they contain a fair share of protein.
- You cannot skip legumes and lentils
All kinds of fabulous recipe ingredients belong to this group. For example chickpeas, beans, soybeans, peanuts, peas, etc. Your body needs everything this food group has to offer. You just name any important nutrient and they have got them viz folate, protein, iron, calcium, fiber. All these nutrients are essential for your baby’s development especially when you are in your first trimester.
- Lean meat and eggs are musts
Your balanced diet in pregnancy will be less balanced if it lacks eggs and lean meats. The high-quality protein is the first thing you are going to get from these foods. After all, you need to stay low in calorie count while high in nutritional value. Specifically incredible eggs contain a little bit of every nutrient you are going to need in a pregnant woman’s diet. The vital nutrient, choline, is important for the development of your baby’s brain. And, eggs contain is in more quantity than any other food. On the other hand, lean meats are also a rich source of iron, B vitamins, and choline. Iron carries oxygen through hemoglobin to enrich all the cells in your and your little one’s developing body. So, lean meat and eggs are an essential part of a healthy diet in pregnancy.
- Never underestimate green, leafy vegetables
Yes, you are right that vegetables are a good source of fiber. But, what you skipped is that they are rich sources of essential minerals and vitamins also. Green, leafy vegetables are like a bonanza of goodness essential in every pregnancy diet. Some of the important vitamins are Vitamin K, Vitamin A, and Vitamin C, which are too important vitamins. And, these vitamins are not easily accessible from other food sources. These vitamins are essential for the overall development of your child. Mixing vegetables with some meat would be very efficient for absorbing all the goodness vegetables offer. So, include green vegetables in your pregnancy diet plan essentially. And, antioxidants properties of vegetables are highly potent than any other foods. The antioxidants will help to soothe those morning sicknesses, flatulence, bloating, headache, etc problems you face during pregnancy.
- Fruits are as useful as much as they are tasty
You know about the importance of fruits in a healthy diet. But, low-calorie fruits are an important part of a pregnancy diet also. Besides, they are going to kill your cravings for sweet too. All other foods have insoluble fiber while fruits contain soluble fibers. Insoluble fibers clear the guts while soluble fibers protect your guts. Both of these are equally important for your digestive system. Unless you have a healthy digestive system, nutrients are not going to get absorbed properly. So, it becomes highly important that you keep your digestive system healthy to take benefits from all the essential nutrients you get from your balanced diet in pregnancy.
- Fishes are a very important part too
The primary benefit you are going to get is high concentrations of fatty acids. The fatty acids are important for those silky, smooth hairs. And, to improve brain functioning. It is a part of a healthy diet in pregnancy due to its ability to help in the developing brain of the child. Also, fishes like salmon are considered as lean meat. Hence, fishes are unavoidable when you are drawing a pregnancy diet plan.
- Dry fruits are power boosters
Dried fruits are generally high in calories. But, a single piece of dried fruits contains all the goodness of fresh fruit. One serving is enough to get all those important nutrients you are acquiring from fresh fruits. But, it does not mean that you shall skip fresh fruits because they are equally important. Besides, dried fruits are rich with natural sugar to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Hydration is beneficial
Water is your biggest ally when you are planning a perfect pregnancy diet. The optimal amount of water will help you reap the benefits of all the goodness of your pregnancy diet plan. Without good hydration, your all balanced diet in pregnancy is going to fall apart. So, it is fruitful for you to keep yourself well hydrated during pregnancy. The benefits you will receive are countless. If you struggle to drink a lot of water, especially in the warmer months, a good way is adding Aquamamma’s Pregnancy Hydration sachets for a pop of flavour and added minerals!
Some women make the mistake of overeating considering that they have to eat for two. Instead, a pregnant woman only needs a healthy diet in pregnancy instead of overeating. So, completely avoid falling prey to this habit considering it as an important part of a pregnancy diet plan.
So, is it finally the time to plan a baby shower? Or, are you just confused with small, futile details scattered around the internet? Well, your search to organize the perfect baby shower ends here. This article will tell you about every necessary detail you’ll need for planning the perfect baby shower. But let us first know a little about it.
What is a baby shower and How to know it’s the right time for the baby shower?
A baby shower party is organized to share your happiness of becoming parents with your close friends and family. You can see it as a formal or an informal party, since everyone attending will be close to you and your spouse. So, there is no need to fret about every little detail for your guests. Instead, organize the perfect baby shower party for you and your spouse’s satisfaction.
Now, there is no specific time to host a baby shower. It entirely depends on you and your spouse’s convenience. But, it is functional to organize the perfect baby shower during the end of the first trimester or second trimester of pregnancy. This is the time when you have nothing to worry for anything regarding due-date. And, a little baby bump is also visible during this period.
How to plan a baby shower perfectly?
First of all, pick a date that is convenient for you as well as your guests. For example, weekends are usually the time when the workload is nearly minimal.
Let us look at some important tips to organize a baby shower.
- Theme is extremely important – You will be surprised that there are a variety of themes for this party also. For example, a vintage theme, Hawaiian luau, etc. You can choose any theme that interests you and your spouse. Only after deciding on your theme, you would be able to plan other details of the party, for example, decoration. A theme is important because it could be chosen as per your personality or to indirectly tell your yet-to-be-born child’s gender. However, if you do feel that there is no need for a theme as per your personality because everyone attending knows you all well or you feel that selecting a theme to tell about your child’s gender is unnecessary, then you can choose a neutral theme for you.
- Guest-list is unavoidable neither invitation cards – Yes, you do need a guest list to organize the perfect baby shower. No matter how sure you are about your guests but there is always a chance to forget someone important. And, your spouse’s near and dear ones will also be invited, so preparing the guest list is always helpful to plan a baby shower.
Now when the hard part of preparing a guest list is over, you’ll need invitation cards. No, it cannot be missed even if you think it’s an informal event for you. However, the cost is trivial; besides, the invitation card gives a personal touch, so go for it undoubtedly. You need to keep in mind to select the card per your selected theme. The color, the design should complement your theme to organize the perfect baby shower.
- How important is the venue – You must think that your guest list is not so elaborate; hence selecting the venue is a hassle-free task. And yes, it is a hassle-free task because it entirely depends on you and your spouse’s wishes. Many couples plan a baby venue as their home itself. The only difference between selecting an outside venue or your house is, benefit of outsourcing. An outside venue will cook food, decorate, and serve your guests. They will take care of everything and, you only need to tell them your wishes and check that everything they did is as per your expectations. While on the other hand, if you select your home as a venue then decorations, cooking, serving, etc. have to be done by yourself. But when you organize the perfect baby shower at your home, everything will give an impression of personal touch. So, it entirely depends on you and your spouse’s wishes.
- Menu is the most important part – The food is the soul of every party. And a baby shower is no exception. So, prepare the menu minutely to host a baby shower perfectly. Since everyone you are going to invite is close to you and your spouse, so you might be aware of at least one favorite food of everyone invited. Therefore, when preparing the menu, you shall give a thought to everyone’s choice including you and your spouses’.
- Games to entertain your guests – No need to worry about the games because planning the perfect baby shower only includes small, entertaining games. For example, diaper change relay race. The games are an important part to organize the perfect baby shower because it will be one of the times when all your near and dear ones will be gathered at a single place. Playing fun games will make the baby shower a memory that will never be erased from memories of you and your guests.
- Gratitude gifts are also important – Yes, showing gratitude is important for strangers. But, showing gratitude to your near ones is more important. After all, all of them will be bringing gifts for the expecting mother at the baby shower. And bestow their good wishes and blessings on your growing family which is a priceless gift. So gratitude gifts will be a good touch at the end of the party.
When you want to organize the perfect baby shower party, then you will need to plan a baby showerbeforehand. All the couples want this occasion to be perfect because it is one of the few times when everyone close to your heart will spend an evening with you. So making it a memorable evening is very important. The tips to organize a baby shower mentioned herein would clear every doubt in your mind and help to plan a baby shower perfectly.